Yes, it’s possible! You can eat more and still lose weight. The trick is to eat foods that have a high water and fiber content.
Water and fiber will make you feel full quicker, so you tend to eat less. Plus, foods with lots of water and/or fiber in them tend to be lower in calories.
Vegetables, fruits with the skins on, whole grains and oats, and water-based soups are great examples of high water and fiber content foods.
Ideas on adding water and fiber-rich foods to your diet:
- Have oatmeal topped with apples for breakfast
- A grilled, chicken salad with lots of vegetables and beans for lunch
- Air-popped popcorn as a snack
- A clear broth soup with lots of veggies as part of your dinner
- Drink water and/or herbal tea throughout the day to keep away hunger panes.
Have fun tasting new vegetables and fruits. Experiment with new ways to prepare them. Try out different soups or stews in the crook pot, especially with the weather growing chilly!
Losing weight doesn’t have to be dull; nor does it mean you have to be hungry. Eating fiber rich foods with a high water content can help keep you satisfied as you work towards becoming a healthier (and lighter) you.